The top 15 products that have helped me deal with this year a little better.
This has been sort of a sh*tty year. I don't say that in a "woe is me" sort of way - I know I'm not the only one that feels like this! So, to take our minds off all the negativity I thought I'd share a few of the fun random products that I've discovered in 2020. Most are unrelated to skincare and have helped me find a little joy & amusement during this otherwise dreadful year. Share the love!
1. Colorfulkoala Leggings- These are hands down the best workout pants I've ever worn. They're buttery soft, high waisted, sweat and squat proof, and they're cute.
2. The Swear Word Coloring Book - Holy ****, this was the surprise of the year!
This was a Christmas gift that I didn't really expect to use, BUT it quickly became an obsession and a stress reliever. I've found myself mindlessly coloring in curse words for hours, not thinking about anything other than which friend or family member I could mail my beautiful masterpiece to next.
3. Anne Taintor Cocktail Napkins - I love a good cocktail napkin, especially when nostalgic illustrations and witty humor are involved. These make such fun hostess gifts too!
4. Studio Sweat on Demand - Studio Sweat has been a part of my life for a while now. I love it so much! This is like Peloton but more homegrown. It's a woman-owned gym that's based in San Diego, and they offer hundreds of fitness classes all available through an app. You get to know the trainers, who are all amazing, and the classes range from spin, to yoga/pilates, TRX, bootcamp - literally everything. They offer a 7 day free trial and it's only $20 a month. Before the pandemic I would take my phone to the gym and stream the classes there, but now, I'm doing everything at home, and it's just as amazing!
5. Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - This Fall I repainted a huge buffet table from black to green, and it was SO EASY. If you think you might want to repaint a piece of furniture, but you're intimidated to, look no further. Chalk paint is the easiest paint in the world to use, it covers everything without having to add a base coat, and you don't have to have a great painting technique to get a great result.
6. Thrive Causemetic Liquid Lash Extension - I've never been able to find a noteworthy mascara until now. This product WORKS and it's only $24!
7. Columbia Crest Cabernet Sauvignon - I'm self admittedly a tough cookie when it comes to wine and I have sort of expensive taste, as well. It's taken me a very long time to find an everyday table wine that I will not turn my back on after just one night of sipping, but this Cab is tried and true. It's fruit-forward complexity and bold mouthfeel drinks like a pricier bottle but for a fraction of the cost. Usually less than $10 to be exact!
8. MyZone Heart Rate Monitor - I started using a heart rate monitor when I started the spin classes with Studio Sweat, and now I wear it whenever I workout. It's helpful for obvious reasons (tracking heart-rate), but it also tracks calorie burn, etc. I also think having a heart rate monitor helps you to think about your body differently if you struggle with body issues. For me, it's a good reminder that health and fitness aren't just about how you look from the outside. *Deep thoughts, by Emily.
9. Lou and Grey Signature Soft Blend Sweatpants - Don't buy these unless you're ready for your relationship with actual pants to be ruined forever. These are the most comfortable things you'll ever put on your body, and they're on sale right now.