At SkinQ, we believe achieving good skin should be pretty easy. All it takes is a little dedication. Do you ever find yourself at the drugstore looking at a shelf full of skincare products wondering what you should buy? We’re here to help you answer that big question – what’s next in your Skin Queue?
Think of facial treatments as fitness for your skin, and think of your home-care regimen as nourishment to stay healthy. Radical change doesn’t happen overnight. We’re here to be your personal skincare coach. We’ll work closely with you to design the elements that comprise your unique Skin Queue - a tailored skincare routine, including a mixture of effective facial treatments and at-home products, to help take the guesswork out of how to obtain a gorgeous complexion.
Our results-oriented facials and peels will stimulate blood flow, help heal acne, speed up cell turnover, even skin tone, hydrate, encourage collagen production, and the list goes on and on. All of this while helping you de-stress mentally.
If you’re new to facial treatments or need a refresher, here are some tips on what you can expect.
· Avoid any exfoliating products (scrubs, retinol, etc.) for at least 4 days prior.
· No tanning for 7 days prior. If you’re sunburnt, please reschedule.
· Prepare to discuss your skincare concerns with your esthetician.
· Bring along a list of your current skincare products that you use regularly at home.
· Men, avoid shaving the morning of your treatment. Shaving the night before is preferred.
· Prepare to turn off your cell phone - you’re here to relax so let’s do that!
And after your treatment:
· You may break out and that’s ok. Your skin is going through a purging phase.
· Do not wash your face until the next morning. Hopefully you’ve planned your facial on a day where you don’t have to put makeup back on. You’re spending good money on your skin so let the products absorb and work their magic.
· Prepare to wear sunscreen, and if you’ve had a peel, no sun at all … ever!
· No sweating after a peel for 48 - 72 hours.